BusinessObjects Board

Migration - BO 6.x to BO XI 3.0-Everyone-Denied(No Acces)

Hi All
For the Rights migration,in XI R2 it was recommended that Everyone Group should have No Access setup before migration.
For effective rights migration Now in XI 3.0 what we have to do?
As per BO Migration guide to BO XI 3.0, “As the rights applied to the Everyone group apply to all users of the system, if a right is set to Denied for the Everyone group, the right is denied for all users, even migrated ones, regardless of whether they had the right granted in the source environment”

Now what should be the BEST and tested approach for Everyone for XI 3.0?

Thanks all in advance

nirav_785 (BOB member since 2007-10-15)

Majority Rules!
Depends on your core access capabilities - set Everyone to the lowest level of access - and I doubt it’s everything Denied i.e. simple open and refresh is probably the norm,

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Best practice is still the same … Everyone at No Access … and build up from there. If there truly are rights that apply to Everyone, it is appropriate to add them of course.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Not really no access … The first door must now be open …

Have a look to this post

BR
Sebastien

Mr Goiffon and Smith is right.

It`s been changed so that Everyone needs view access to the top level folders. Scuppered me completely last week as setting No Access to everyone is generally the first thing I do. I did that and saw NOTHING.

The new was is more logical IMO.

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

As I said, build up from there. I create a custom access level called “View folder only” and it contains only ONE right … View objects on Folder (not General), and it does NOT apply to sub-objects (does not cascade). I give this custom access level to the Everyone group at the root public folder and root universe folder as a starting point, because it is truly applicable to everyone.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Correct and I don’t know how useful is this setting for universe folder and common end user…