BusinessObjects Board

[MetaData Manager] Doing a universe

Hi,

I’m trying to do an Universe on the Metadata Management repository.
The first step is to understand the tables / views.

So, in the database repository, this is what i have :
Tables : Prefix : MMT_%
Views : Prefix : MMB_% MMD_% MML_% MMRV_% MMRVB_% MMV_%

Do you know the difference between all this “prefixed type” of views ?

For exemple : MMB_Universe and MMD_Universe ??? I have the SAME information in these two views !?!

Which view should i use to do my universe ?
Thanks !

glemaux :fr: (BOB member since 2010-06-28)

The SAP BusinesSObjects Metadta Management User’s Guide (http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi31_bomm_users_en.pdf) includes starting on page 208 a description on how to query the Metadata Management Views for e.g. integrating the information into an own Crystal Report.

This should be helpful for the creation and access to the data while setting up a Universe as well.

Niels

nweigel :de: (BOB member since 2008-11-05)

Hi and thanks for your answer.

Yes, i had read this. But this document doesn’t explain the differences between the prefixed tables.

Does it mean i should use only MMRV_ prefixed tables (description in the document) ?

We don’t have the Crystal Report licence, that’s why we have to make webi reports.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

for building your own custom reports you can use the views prefixed MMD_xxxx, for each object type that you see in BOMM, there will be corresponding view named as MMD_ for example to get the details of the universe query the MMD_Universe view

MMRV_xxx view store the impact and lineage relationships

you will need to use the MMT_Table which stores the information about the obejct type (universe, class, objects, report etc) if you are querying MMD_Relationship table, which stores relationships between different objects, the table_id and related_table_id column will give you the type of the object (join with MMT_Table to get the type)

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Thanks a lot !
I will try this.

We are also trying to create a universe using the Metadata Manager tables or views. How do I link mmt_actor to mmt_group to find the groups each user belongs to. I can’t find a common link looking at all the tables.

MiRo (BOB member since 2011-06-30)

I assume you want to build reports for BOE Users and Groups
for this you will have to use the following views/tables

MMD_Application_User
MMD_Group
MMT_Table (can avoid by directly hardcoding the table_id or join using technical name)
MMD_Relationship
MMD_Configuration

A BOE User can belong to multiple groups, so there is no parent child relationship, in this case MM will create a Association between user and group(s), which will be stored in relationship table, that can be accessed for reproting using MMD_Relationship View

to find association between a user and group(s) you can get that using the following column of the MMD_Relationship view
object_id - actor_id of MMD_Application_user
related_object_id - group_id of MMD_Group
table_id - table_id from MMT_Table where technical_name = ‘MMV_Application_User’ or hardcode to 242
related_table_id -table_id from MMT_Table where technical_name = ‘MMT_Group’ or hardcode to 6
configuration_id - configuration_id of MMD_Configuration for the BOE Configuration (configuration_name will have the name of the integrator configuration)

to get the groups and associated user, switch the object_id, table_id with related_object_id, related_table_id

How do you get information out of these tables that would allow an impact analysis, such as “Given a change to a column in a database table, show me the universes and reports (including their folders) affected”?

I need to know the join relationships between the MM tables/views, such as Database.Schema.Table.Column > [Folder].Universe.Table.Class.Object >
[Folder].Report.QueryElement.ReportElement

rhema (BOB member since 2012-04-03)

We have been using the information from this forum to see the relationship between Users to Groups based on the tables MMT_ACTOR and MMT_GROUP. It works great. Is there a way to see what Universes a User/Group can see. I assume it relies on the MMT_RELATIONSHIP table but can’t work it out.

MiRo (BOB member since 2011-06-30)

may not be that straight forward, one thing that you can try is, if you have collected user permission then you can try viewing the privileges information in MM Explorer/IS Explorer and check the SQL in the database when this page is loaded