BusinessObjects Board

Metadata Manager (BOMM) Lineage

Hi all,

we are doing a POC with BOMM to replace some functionality we had in EQM. I set-up a test case with just one report based on 3 universes. We are still having some issues which need to be solved.

When I look at the Lineage of the report (DeskI) I see the Universe Objects and just in four cases I can see the Column (one is shown in the attachment). For all the other objects I cannot see the Lineage (so no column is show in the Lineage of the report).

But for the Universe Objects I can see the Lineage to the column when I check the Lineage of the Universe Object itself. I would expect to see this column also in the Lineage of the report.

To make it more confusing, when I check the Impact of the column I can see the universe object and the report, so the impact seems to be correct.

Does anybody have an idea why the Lineage of the report seems to be incomplete but why the Impact of the column seems to be correct? The Lineage report and Search Index have ran.

The second problem are the Personal Documents. I would like to see them in the analysis (personal documents are selected), but they don’t show up in the results. Running BOMM is done with the administrator account, so I expect the rights wouldn’t be a problem. The logging only says that a couple of reports are not collected because they are in personal folders, but the manual (and settings) states that Personal Folders can be scanned. Has anybody succesfull added the personal reports in the collection of the reports?

We are running on XI3.1 FP3.5.

Regards,

Mark
BOMM.jpg
BOMM2.jpg

Mark1981 :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-08-30)

I think this issue was fixed in one of the recent FP

what is the version of BOMM ? the latest fix pack for BOMM is 12.1.0.8, please apply the 12.1.0.8 patch and rerun the BOE Integrator to collect all the objects again and check if you see the complete lineage

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Thanks for your reply,

our current version is 12.1.0.6. I will ask the admin to apply the latest FP. Do you know if the collecting of personal docs will also be affected by this FP?

Regards,
Mark

Mark1981 :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-08-30)