BusinessObjects Board

merging dimensions and reports

m trying to create a report with two different universe and i used merge dimensions to link the two universe, and then when i tried to bring the all objects to the reports its not allowing me to do it. why is that happening? some of the objects can be on the reports others cant! help plz! hope you all understood my real concern!

Warm regards,
Shunaan

shunaan :maldives: (BOB member since 2009-12-15)

You have to create detail objects for the objects in the other query and then use it. Search with ‘detail object’ as keyword to get many topics that discuss the same issue. One such is this.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

tell me more about detail objects…please, i searched some, but it doesn’t help me! what i want to achieve is dragging and dropping all the objects to one report from two different universe. i use merge dimension to link. basically the report is linked and i see all information i want, but i cant include all the fields or objects in my report

Read https://bobj-board.org/t/137603 and come back where exactly you got stuck up.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

hey, i did read it twice, what i understood was merging dimension and i have done merging dimension fine… i don’t know anything about creating detail objects, tell me how to create a detail objects, what is a detail object? please

Hi shunaan,

Basically a detail object provides descriptive data about a dimension.
a detail is always attached to a dimension. It maps to one or more
columns or functions in the database that provide detailed information
related to a dimension.

You can create a detail dimension the way you create a custom object
in your universe by changing the objects properties in the “Edit Property”
window.

that way you can then create your custom detail object which you can use
to store your needed data in your merged report.

Kindly tell me if im missing something

Regards,
-John Vincent

jvmauricio :philippines: (BOB member since 2009-08-03)

Hi shunaan,

Reading some of you posts here, you really need to do some training. Most of the concepts / questions you are asking are fundamental to working with BO.
Maybe, you should suggest this to your employer?

Cheers,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)