BusinessObjects Board

Measure issues

My company has just recently installed BO 4.0 and the management has requested that we start up creating some Explorer reports. Since it is the first time I work with Explorer I encountered some properly simple problems.

The report is based on COPA-data which is located in a BW-cube and a BI colleague has created a universe. Based on the universe I am able to create an information space.

In a report COPA module in SAP the data will look like this, where budget and actuals are separated

Actuals	Budget

Gross Revenue 75 100
Discounts 10 20
Net Revenue 65 80
Expenses 25 50
Ebit 40 30

Now to my problems

1. In a simple version of my information space I would like to have Time and Profitcenter as facets and Gross Revenue as Measure. If I open the information space I will get a report, where the Gross Revenue is 175, which is sum of Budget (Value type 20) and Actuals (Value type 10). I can choose value type as a facet, but this will only give me one bar (that either shows Budget or Actuals) and my wish was to have two bars representing Budget and Actuals How do I do that? In BW Analyser I create two queries that differs on the value type. Can something similar be done in either the cube or in the universe?

2. To see net revenue I need make a calculation that extract discounts from Gross Revenue. This could easily be done if it was just two measures, but unfortunately Discounts consists of 20 separate Measures, which will create a lot of calulations. Where do I more easily create more measures? Cube or Universe?

3. I would like to use some of the dimensions as filters, but I can only choose these as facets. How do I change this?

I think that was all

Thanks in advance
Peter

POAX :denmark: (BOB member since 2010-03-24)

Did you ever figure out if you can create Measures within Explorer?

I am fumbling through Explorer as well and normally created measures\filters within the Universe itself.

But I wanted to know if you can do the same thing right in Explorer; like I would do in a WEBI type report.

ColumbiaIT (BOB member since 2011-06-15)

You cannot create filters in Infospace design at all - you can only utilize existing, pre-defined filters that were set up in the universe.

You can only create new measures where based on existing measures in the Explorer Infospace - and the functionality is VERY minimal. You cannot do things like measure/1000 or anything like that - only measure 1 (±/*) measure 2…

Also, for the original issue that POAX described. The best way I can see that you would do that is to set up 2 measures where you take that value type into consideration

jackie_dunn :us: (BOB member since 2013-09-03)