BusinessObjects Board

Maximum Wait time 7200 seconds exceeded

Hi Experts,

We are extracting 0UC_MTR_DOC from ISU SAP into BODS 4.0 . When we execute the Job its giving error message as ’ Extrator returned error as :<E: MESSAGE - Maximum waiting time of 7200 seconds exceeded. Message_v1 - 7200.

The issue the job in BODS 4.0 waited for 7200 but till that time the sap extractor was still processing the datarecords in the sap backend and hence the job failed ultimately the sap job as well.

Now incase of bw we have control parameters to set in ROOSPRMS, ROIDOCPRMS. But this requires a logical source system defined i SAP ISU. But we do not have any logical system defined for BODS in SAP ISU. How to define the maxsize parameter ( datapcakge size ) for extractor in SAP ISU for BODS4.0.

Your help is highgly appreciated :smiley:

janardhan.sapbw (BOB member since 2013-05-09)

Can you check if you have installed all SAP ODP related Notes in your SAP system. I believe this got fixed a year ago.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Hi janardhan,

did you able to resolve the issue, as i am facing the same issue.

Hi Werner,

request you to please let me know which SAP notes need to be verified as ECC end.

Regards

Araj (BOB member since 2007-06-28)

Hi Werner - what are the SAP notes for this?

Nicolas Hadj-Blaha :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2005-03-10)

are you also getting the timeout error ?

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Yes. on two different clients environments both using SAP DS 4.1 SP2

Just to close the loop - see SAP note released in April 2014:

2010050 - Error: “Maximum waiting time of 7,200 seconds exceeded” when execute job which extract data from SAP system by SAP extractor
http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2010050

1660374 - Fetch does not wait long enough; Timeout
Implement this note or import the relevant Support Package.
After the implementation of this note, the module waits for a maximum of two hours for the fetch. If this is not enough, you can use the program SAP_RSADMIN_MAINTAIN to set the parameter RODPS_FETCH_TIMEOUT. Specify the value in seconds.