BusinessObjects Board

Master Record

Hi I have a few doubts about the master record controlling in Match Transform.
—> How Can set desired record as Master record?
----> Suppose I want to consider 100 records as always master records .
They never should become slaves.
----->How do I set master records with in the break group.
------> How do group prioritization work when more than one record is added in ascending or descending order.
like Ename --ascending
Eid ----Ascending .
How are the records identified ?

nagraj.ab (BOB member since 2014-10-06)

break groups exist to quickly reduce the number of record to record comparisons among records highly unlikely to match.

group prioritization exists to drive the output sequence of your dupe groups, and determines your MASTER RECORD. (you only get one master per dupe group)

It sounds like you may be interested in using a compare table. A compare table can speed up your match a bit. If Im doing a direct mail with hundreds of customer lists… they often suppress active subscribers, deceased, DMA, prison and any others they can come up with. A compare table can eliminate unnecessary data source compares that accomplish nothing for the purposes of the campaign.

Best Record… once you’ve determined your dupe groups, and you have the correct sortation (using group prioritization) … what you do within that dupe group is entirely up to you. The out of box post match options are fairly limited but using Python inside a user defined transform or custom best record… you can accomplish pretty much anything.

There is quite a bit of documentation on Match Consolidate in the reference manual to get you started. Good luck. :mrgreen:

jlynn73 :us: (BOB member since 2009-10-27)