BusinessObjects Board

Maps in Explorer?

It may be a silly question…but has anyone managed to insert/include any type of map in explorer?

Just curious that’s all and any pointsers would be great.

Cheer

calleT74 :australia: (BOB member since 2007-03-30)

anyone out there with any suggestions? Any pointers are welcome please…

calleT74 :australia: (BOB member since 2007-03-30)

Yes, when you create the InfoSpace (when you are adding measures and facets to the space) - select the dimension that is geography based…on the right hand side of the page, you will see formatting options, click from Standard to Geography. Then click the elipses (…). Pick the level of Geography your facet represents (Country, Level 1 - State, Level 2 - County, or City) then click LOAD to assign the values for that level.

I am having issues now with the county mapping. I am having to manually map 3,000+ US Counties. There is also an issue with counties like Washington where they exist in 31 states…the pick list seems to only show 5 values. I have a support ticket opened, but no replies from SAP for days. Par for the course - it seems.

Has anyone done county mapping where Explorer finds any of the counties automatically? If so - what format was your dimension in? I’ve tried values like CO, Adams or Adams - CO - but none of them map. Looking for the magic formula.

Thanks!

justingrimme :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-28)

There is another way this question may have been going as well. If you create an object in your source universe that combines the following:

Text||latitude+longitude||optional icon||optional URL

Then Explorer will over a map presentation on the iPad. This does NOT present itself in the browser interface, only on the iPad. The lat+long information is used to plot the location of the data point, and the text can be whatever you like. You can present an optional icon that will be associated with the point, and an optional URL such as an OpenDocument() function call that will jump to a Web Intelligence report.

If you do this, make sure that your lat / long information is correct. We had a bunch of missing data (0, 0) so we had a whole bunch of locations on the equator, just off the coast of Africa… :lol:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Dave,

Did you ever find a solution to get Explorer to map the counties, etc.?

I’m now faced with the fact that Explorer (BO 4.0 Sp6) is unable to match a few hundred small towns in the USA. For instance, it will not locate Redmond, OR or Bend, OR.

Is there any way to get Explorer to correctly assign these towns? Or is that data simply missing from Explorer’s internal libraries?

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

I do not understand why this is not offered yet in the BI Launchpad… :frowning:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Ditto - our customers are not happy about this. Number 1 question I get in presentations … “So why does this only work on iPads?”.

If BI Launchpad would support this in Web Intelligence, it would really help us sell the product in sectors that heavily rely on GIS information.

Am not cleary understood the implementation part. Could you explain in a easier way with screen shots if possible

thanks in advance

divyap (BOB member since 2010-09-08)

Explain what exactly?