BusinessObjects Board

LUMIRA- SAP BW access

Hi,
Our BW team would like to access SAP BW system from LUMIRA( Reporting tool, Purchased few licenses for this ).
In order to establish the connection we have to download extension for Lumira
Extensions needed: 1.SAP BW Data Acquisition Connector 2.SAP universe Query Panel.
How can we access?

its_ranjan (BOB member since 2011-02-16)

Hi mate,

Sounds like your are trying to use Lumira 1.x. I would avoid working with this at the moment due to Lumira 2.0, which has BW connectivity built in. That and not all my Lumira 1 > Lumira 2 migration experiments were successful!

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

You might be better off using Webi for that task ; )

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

I would agree, but not without knowing the full use case. I havnt found that much that Lumira can do that Webi cant either!

BTW OP, Lumira isnt a reporting tool, its an agile visualisation tool (there is a difference!).

What’s in a Name though, I say…

Agile…visualization… often mere hype words

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Not really mate, although I work for a BI vendor in the sales field (and have worked for several) so hype stories are the norm.

I am using Lumira 1.3 and so no BW connectivity files.
There is one extensions folder but don’t see anything in bundles folder.
Please let me know.

In Lumira, go to File->Extensions option. you should see “SAP BW Data Acquisition Connector”.
I did that install few months back.

shekar25 (BOB member since 2004-05-11)

Hi Shekhar,
What we want is the extensions files to be able to work with Lumira 1.3.
We cannot see the supporting files in the folder. Where can we get the files from?

Here is the link for Lumira 1.31

https://saplumira.com/video/adding-sap-business-warehouse-connector-and-advanced-universe-query/

shekar25 (BOB member since 2004-05-11)

Thanks Shekhara.
There is error while I try to click on the download the link in the fone of the extensions under file>extensions.

Failed to contact the extension repository at http://xxx.x.x.xxx extensions_repository…
Verify your network connection and proxy settings to reach the URL using your browser.