BusinessObjects Board

LOVs

I am not sure if this should be in designer or reporter but we have a report with prompt which has been working fine and suddenly when you get prompted the box Values is grayed out.
I have checked in designer and the list of value is still associated with the object, I have re-imported the universe and the lovs on my pc, and still nothing???

Any ideas?

Olivier Masse :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I’m not sure, but I’m thinking maybe your LOV file got corrupted somehow. Try deleting it from your PC, then reimport the universe and see if that works.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Michael,
I have done that and reimported lovs and universe but same results…

Have you tried it from another machine? Is the same thing happening to other users?

Same, I have tried on four machines, reimporting universe and lovs on all of them and the result is always the same…

OK, so we know it’s not a local problem. In the universe, open that object, and display the LOV. Does it display correctly? If so, try using it in Reporter again and see if it works now.

Try:
In BO Designer reset your LOV to default, then export the universe.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Just tried that, and again no results…
I am getting slightly worried now…

Oh, and this works as well, in designer I cn see all the values, I can refresh the list…
But then I export the universe open a new report in Reporter and … no list of values…

Is it one particular LOV? Or all LOV’s? It may be that something changed in Supervisor that disallows the viewing / refreshing of the LOV data…

Another thing to try is to see if you can simply remove and re-add the condition on the report. Use different prompt text, and see if the values button reactivates. That’s an old problem, but it’s worth checking.

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

This usually fixes the “disabled values button” problem. Be sure to “save and close” between the remove and re-add steps though. I seem to remember just dragging it off and back on doesn’t work.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Try:
Delete/rename the *.udo files

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

If you are talking about ZABO users (not FC user), I’m guessing the problem is with lov file on server (ZABO server). It may be corrupted. Even though you exported updated universe to repository, if corrupted universe copy(Universe folder) along with corrupted love file (userDocs folder) excite on server, the ZABO client read from that files (univeres and lov)only. The only way is to deleted both file on the server and try to loging to ZABO through user machine and import the universe so that ZABO server automatically import updated Universe copy along with lovs file in to respective folders.

murali :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

Dave, it is all the LOVs but nothing was changed in Supervisor, I have just checked. Also you can remove the prompt, hit the save and close and then recreate the prompt, but with still the same result, you do not see the LOVs…

I tried this as well but no luck…

And we are not using ZABO…

:confused:

I really don’t know what to think, could it be the universe which got corrupted?

How about Island Resorts, or eFashion, do they work?

What about other universes, regular universes, not the basic ones that come with BusinessObjects, do they work?

What happens if you create a brand new universe, just a very simple one, can you use LOV’s then?

I’m trying to isolate whether it is a problem with LOV’s or with the particular universe…

Dave, I have done some more testing and it works on all the other universes. It even works on other reports using the same universe.
It seems that they got corrupted at a report level…

I hate to suggest this, but how much trouble would it be to recreate the report. :confused:

I thought someone would say this…
It is a very big report unfortunately. I guess it could be done again , but the prefered route would be to try to fix the problem…

How many data providers? How many prompts?

Instead of recreating the entire report, what happens if you try what I suggested earlier? Delete the prompt, and recreate it, but be sure to use different prompt text than before.

In other words, if the prompt said “Select X” you might change it to “Pick X” instead. Do that for all data providers that share the prompts. There used to be a problem where the prompts would get messed up, and this was the way to fix the issue…

Hello,

I run into this problem quite a bit.:reallymad: The quickest fix is to simply rename the prompt in the report. I find that this tends to happen when going back and forth from the report to the Query Panel.

I hope this helps.

vonwolf :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-21)