BusinessObjects Board

Logo insertion within a layered dashboard in XCelsius

Hello,

I am fairly new to XCelsius and am hoping someone can help me. This is probably an easy topic for all of the advanced users out there. :slight_smile:

I have created a layered dashboard with multiple graphs for different hospital facilties. I would like to have the hospital logo (picture) on each different layer (which I used Vlookup to create). I know how to insert an image widget and upload an image for one layer but am unsure how to do so for the different layers per the unique hospital logo. Hopefully I have explained this well enough for someone to help me out. Please let me know if not.

Thankyou for any help. It is so appreciated. Have a great day!

Katy

kgossa (BOB member since 2011-06-10)

Hello Katy,

WELCOME TO B :mrgreen: B,

Just simply employ Dynamic Visibility logic on to your image component. To see a sample of how that works, go to File>Samples>UserGuideSamples>Dynamic Visibility

katullus :us: (BOB member since 2009-08-21)

Thank you so much for your response and I did follow your advice. The path you sent me showed me 1 graph on 1 layer and how to hide a chart/ graph and click in a box to show it. Not sure if this quite answers or helps me with my question.
I am not understanding how a hospital/ customer logo that I wanted at the top of each page (layer) per different facility would be inserted. Perhaps a detailed explanation of which component and formula to use would help me?
Thank you again and any further clarificaton would be much appreciated.

Katy

kgossa (BOB member since 2011-06-10)

the easy way to do this is to use Panels. Create a header area at the top of your dashboard (about 1-2 inches tall) Put a selector up there, like a combo box or radio group.

Now make one panel for each hospital. Panels are like separate canvases…you can do what you want on each of them…Also, for speed in dev work, you can copy and paste one panel…to reproduce them quickly.

Cairmor :us: (BOB member since 2008-06-05)

if you don’t mind to making know the means with the case to embed layered dashboard with numerous diagrams for various hospitals facility place of work.

JaniceAnderson16 (BOB member since 2018-05-18)

Hi JaniceAnderson16,

WELCOME to B :mrgreen: B,

Have you looked at the samples? My comment from 7 yrs ago still stands :slight_smile: Its a great place to start for the basics of Xcelsius and some, afterwards if you still have any issues, go ahead and ask us a specific question.

katullus :us: (BOB member since 2009-08-21)