BusinessObjects Board

Logging into Business Query

I have BO full client installed and am trying to use Business Query. It has been correctly installed. When I try to log into BQ via Excel I am told I am not an authorised user. Any ideas please?

diggorydoo (BOB member since 2007-04-19)

Ask/Go to the B.O Supervisor to give you access to use Business Query. To do so, it selects your user id and the tab Configuration on the right and enables configuration of Business Query.

Cheers

cchartas (BOB member since 2006-12-11)

Hi,

To access BusinessQuery you must be a user of the BUsinessQuery Users group in the supervisor.

Cheers

sureshkumarp (BOB member since 2007-03-07)

Guys, remember, BQMD is no longer a supported product and it will for sure not work with Office 2007. With office 2003, it is just a matter of time when one of the security patches could potentially break this product. Unfortunately, BO does not even have a product close to this and their Voyager tool is still flaky. We thought we could get away using WebI OLAP reports, however, BO does not support SQL Server SSAS 2005 in XI R2!!! :hb:

Please call your BO rep and talk to them about an alternate solution for BQMD, because there is no replacement thus far other than Voyager!!

JSanthanam :india: (BOB member since 2003-12-17)