BusinessObjects Board

LiveOffice - Public Folders and Universes not displayed

Ok, here’s a new one - our installation is XIR2 SP2 Websphere 5.1 UDB 8.2 and AIX 5.3.

Live Office refuses to display Public folders or any Universes for a user id that is not part of the Administrator group. So in other words, a “general” user who has access to 5 Public folders and two Universes under Infoview can only see their Favorites folder and any contents in it.

I have experimented granting the user id Full Control over the Universes, Public Folders, reports, even Universe Connections…nothing. However, if I make that id a member of the Administrator group - Presto! everything magically appears.

I’ve scoured this forum for a similar problem/resolution but haven’t found anything. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I want to believe that I’m overlooking a setting in the CMC but I’m starting to suspect a bug at work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update - A search of the forum using “Public Folders” yielded a ton of posts regarding the problem I am seeing…guess you just have to stumble on the right keywords some days. Please disregard this post.

:stupid:

jwaterbury :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-21)

User(s) with sufficient rights given for :

-> Folders and
-> Universes

can see in LO and rest nothing.

You have to decide in assigning Pre-defined or advanced rights for Folders or Universes.

Thanks

BOCP (BOB member since 2007-07-02)

Thanks for the response BOCP, but this problem has nothing to do with assigned rights - there is a bug in this version of the LO software.

jwaterbury :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-21)

Well, can you tell me the version of LO and BO’s.

Thanks

BOCP (BOB member since 2007-07-02)

I encountered the same issue. we are having BO XI 3.1 and Solaris as OS.
Only Administrator is able to see all the universes, others cannot see. I tried to tweek the security at folders, universes level. No Luck. May I will have to put this to BO Support.

niranjan.bo (BOB member since 2007-03-27)

Anyone zero in on the minimum you have to give people so they can see a universe in the universe query area?

Jamie Oswald :us: (BOB member since 2007-11-12)

found this link that might help you
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/23096

Miss Universe :de: (BOB member since 2010-02-16)

Thanks! I actually wrote that one based on finally figuring this out!

Jamie Oswald :us: (BOB member since 2007-11-12)

:cheers: :+1:

That was very helpful, thanks!! :smiley:

Miss Universe :de: (BOB member since 2010-02-16)

All,
I am in BO XI 4.0 and I am unable to view any folders (personal/Public folders) while connecting through Live Office with Administrator right. Any idea?

Philip (BOB member since 2006-03-02)