BusinessObjects Board

Live Office Works with One MS App but Not the Others

I apologize for mislabeling and misposting this a few minutes ago :oops: I tried to go back and edit / move it but was not successful. If a moderator would like to remove my original posting indicating this was an Xcelsius issue I’d appreciate it.

We recently upgraded to XIR2 SP2 FP2.2. After this upgrade I installed the Live Office software on my desktop.

When I am in Word or Excel and click Live Office / Options I get an error:

Unkown Error 0x80131700

The error is immediate and I do not see the Options dialog box.

Now this is where it gets strange - if I launch Live Office from PowerPoint it functions as designed.

If anyone has seen this, or has a suggestion where I should look to resolve this, I’d really appreciate hearing about it. We’re working with BO but not making much progress.

Thanks!

Mary

Juddy5 :us: (BOB member since 2002-11-22)

Have you installed the LO fix pack on your client machine?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

I’ve received this same error, has anyone found a fix for this. it does seem to matter which service pack or fix pack is installed.

abuhamza (BOB member since 2011-03-01)

I was receiving the error 0x80131700 when any of the icons of live office toolbar was clicked.

This was due to .NET The .Net framework was not installed on the machine. On Installing/ Turning on the .Net Framework 3.5 (Includes 2.0 and 3.0) The error was removed.

Thanks & Regards

Ishaq

ishaqbaig (BOB member since 2009-03-28)