BusinessObjects Board

Live Office is not shown in Excel menu

I am using MS Excel 2003. Yesterday I was able to see Live Office in Excel Menu and able to connect to Web Intelligence Report thru LO.

But today I don’t see any Live Office Menu item

I clicked on
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Live Office 11.7 and double click on enable_addin.exe

which is already enabled

Please advise

We have SP1 for Xcelsius 2008

sushmitha (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

Is this in a new document or an existing document that the add-in is not showing up in?

This is happened to me a few times in certain excel documents that already contain data. The work around I use is removing the add-in by going into Excel Options >> Add-Ins, unchecking the Live Office Add-In saving and closing options then re-adding the addin and restarting Excel. Not ideal, but the add-in appears after removing it and re-adding it.

weh0129 (BOB member since 2008-09-05)

I’ve also had to un-install, clean out the registry and then re-install and it worked. Registry clean-up is key.

MAKM :us: (BOB member since 2006-06-07)

Hi,

It will be under add ins. if you didn’t see, did you any install live office with other user credentials?

Thanks

RadN :us: (BOB member since 2003-04-28)

We had the same issue with both excel 2003 and 2007. The add-in got disabled somehow (I’m blaming it on some windows patch that was installed without me knowing about it…).

We re-enabled the live office add-in, and it’s all good.
Jesse

Jesse Mauser :us: (BOB member since 2003-04-03)

Two options :

1. Going Excel properties–> In **tab–> Add-ins and see LiveOffice is disabled/enabled.

2. Removing all registry files of existing and installing fresh one(LO).

Still if you not then remove your MS Office and LO and re-installing :smiley: .

Before doing this check it with your colleagues/team members whether they are able to or not.

Thanks

BOCP (BOB member since 2007-07-02)

Straight from BO Tech Support. I had this issue this morning.

This is not a bug.

You need to check if the live office application has been disabled in Excel (same for others office applications)

Go to: [Help] > [About Excel]
Select “Disabled Items”.
Check if LiveOffice is enabled.

Try to enable the software using enable_addin:
Live Office toolbar can be added or removed from Excel using the tool above
By default, the file is stored in the following directory:
:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\

Three check boxes are available and permit to enable/disable the application in the corresponding microsft office software.

If this doesn’t work then you need to uninstall it.

:hb: :hb:

joefonseca79 (BOB member since 2007-07-03)

Sometimes the enable_addin.exe doesn’t work, even if you check the box for Excel and restart it. You can manually add in the Live Office menu by readding the COM add-in.

:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\crystal_addin_framework.dll

Once you added in the COM add in, close Excel and restart it - it should appear in your toolbar again.

tracyn712 (BOB member since 2008-06-05)

Hey Guys,

I was having similar issues while using MS Office 2007, the BO Live Office toolbar was showing in PowerPoint and Word but wasn’t appearing inside Excel. I tried to run the utility BO provides [enable_addin] but it didn’t work for me. Also I tried to enable COM-Addins within MS Excel but it didn’t work. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled LO but no use.

Solution:

1. Goto MS Excel Addins. Goto COM-Addins. Remove Business Objects Live Office 3.x add-in.

2. Close Excel.

3. Restart Excel, Goto COM-Addins, manually add the add-in again [Search for crystal_addin_framework.dll inside C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86] and make sure Load Behavior is “Load on Startup”

Thanks.

cyberotron (BOB member since 2010-07-23)

Thanks for sharing cyberotron

And WELCOME TO B :mrgreen: B

katullus :us: (BOB member since 2009-08-21)

Yes!!! I’ve had the same issue in Excel 2007 and Live Office, and this explanation saved my life!!! :mrgreen:

Tks cyberotron!!! :+1:

guibarbosa :brazil: (BOB member since 2007-08-08)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Live Office 12.0
Once there, click on enable add_in. It will show you MS Office EXCEL WORD POWERPOINT OUTLOOK . Click on the on ones you want to use. Ding ding ding. :nopity:

excel-c-us (BOB member since 2011-09-20)

I have encountered this issue with Live Office XIR2 SP6.1 and Office 2010. I’ve tried all the solutions suggested, and the Live Office menu is still not displayed in Excel. (It works in Word and PowerPoint.) I know that XIR2 is not supported with Office 2010 but until we upgrade, I’d like to make this work, as the company intiative is to upgrade to Office 2010 in Q1 2012.

Does anyone have experience with LOXIR2 and Office 2010 and this issue?

ERBOST (BOB member since 2003-12-11)

Thanks cyberotron your solution did the trick

FrikkieNagel (BOB member since 2006-12-20)

Hi All,

I saw the earlier posts, however in my case we have users connecting through a citrix server and only 1 user has the issue.

The rest all even newer users added to the system are able to see the live office button within xcelcius when launched.

Any Suggestions.

Thx

abhi.karande (BOB member since 2012-06-21)

Hi,

I tried all the options suggested above. For some unknown reason, am unable to ‘see’ the LO add-in neither in MS excel, word and power point though LO installation is successful. I am using BOXIR3 SP3, MS Ofiice 2007, LO 3.1.

If I disable and then enable the LO add-in manually, 'Excel stooped working ’ error occurs and excel crashes. Not sure what I am missing here.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

karthikbo (BOB member since 2010-09-21)

Yea, it clicked when you ask me this. The versions were different. Thanks.

angelsd1 :us: (BOB member since 2005-10-21)

THANKS
its really helpful~
:smiley:

fen (BOB member since 2016-07-19)