BusinessObjects Board

List Variables Used in Web Intelligence reports

Attached is the java code which would pull the variables used in the Webi Reports.
This would list the below information:-
-Folder Name
-Report Name
-Variable Name
-Formula

If a particular folder or reports to be considered then need to do respective changes in the query ( Eg:- select SI_NAME, SI_ID from CI_INFOOBJECTS Where SI_Kind=‘Webi’ would retrieve all the Webi reports present in the repository. We can have some extra condition in the query if required. For example: SI_NAME,SI_ID).

The output file generated would be in Text file format.

Please use the below steps to get the final dump in an excel sheet:-
– Select the environment to run (do the respective changes in the code)
– A Text file would be created under C:\repdump{todays date} (if required, folder location can be changed in the code)
– Change the extension of the file(.txt) to .doc
– Open the .doc file and hit CTR+H, replace ^013(new line value) with empty. Reason: To make sure that there shouldn’t be any new line values in the file
– Also replace ^t (tab value) with empty. Reason: To make sure that there shouldn’t be any tab values in the file
– Replace *** with ^013(new line). *** is used as a delimiter to divide the entries of each row
– Change the extension of the file to .xls
– Go to data->Text to Columns->Delimited ->choose @ as delimiter
– Save the excel file

Note:-
-This code will not extract the formulae which are being used directly in the report display.
-Screen-shots to configure Eclipse to run BO java code had been posted in the following thread

Thanks,
Rupesh
VariablesDump.txt (5.0 KB)

Rupesh G (BOB member since 2009-10-22)

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for sharing the code, its really helpful.

Is it possible to consolidate the objects and variables Info in the same code, it would be more meaningful if we can place all the info in a single worksheet. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mani

mani_cog (BOB member since 2012-08-17)

Hello,

When i execute, I am getting this error

boEnterpriseSession = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr().logon( boUser, boPassword, boCmsName, boAuthType);

The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class file

I have copied all the JAR files and we are in Bi 4.1 SP5

hoang09876543 (BOB member since 2015-05-04)