BusinessObjects Board

List reports that use a particular object

Is it possible to run a query against the audit DB or universe that lists all reports from a given universe that use a particular object? Thanks.

BOE 4.2 SP3

frank35 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-08-25)

Unfortunately, no. The information about which objects are used is stored in the reports themselves, not in the CMS database.

I believe this information might be available through the use of SAP Information Steward (which is a separate license).

I know this information is available through the RESTful Web Services Webi and Semantic Layer SDKs. However, if you need to get to the specific fields that are in use in the universe objects you also have to get information from the universes through the Designer SDK (for .unv) or the Java Semantic Layer SDK (for .unx). I have written a set of programs that do this and store the information in a SQL Server database, but the code belongs to my employer, so I can’t really share it.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

Hi, does anyone know if there are any vendor products available that might have this feature; i.e. find reports in the Public Folders that use a specific universe object?

Thank you.

Judith Dotson :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-16)