BusinessObjects Board

List of BO Report Names based on the table name

Hi,
How to get list of BO Report Names based on the table name from Query Builder… Is it possible OR is there any alternate way… (BO XI R2)

Hasini Roy (BOB member since 2011-02-19)

Please check BOB Downloads section and try the tools according to your requirement,
Some of the helpful links are here:-

1. WID Scanner

2. List Objects Used in a set of Documents

3. List objects used in a series of reports

Thanks

sam2056 (BOB member since 2006-10-05)

Thank You for your reply…
I know how to get a list of reports that are dependent upon a specific universe… but my question is … if my reports are based on a table ‘X’… then is it possible to get that list of reports using QUERY BUILDER… something like… select… from… where table_name=‘X’

Hasini Roy (BOB member since 2011-02-19)

Roy, Did you get an answer to this? I’m in need of similar info… Thanks! :?:

bobjquest :australia: (BOB member since 2012-04-01)

Not directly out of the box. But can be done using SDK, Using SDK you need to open each data providers SQL of a WebI report and get the table names from there!!!

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Yeah, that’s the long way. Say, if there are 2000 odd reports in the environment, wondering how feasible it is to check on each report for a single table name? :hb:

bobjquest :australia: (BOB member since 2012-04-01)

I know its tough but, that is how you need to find. If you know the SDK then I think its few hours job.

Apart from SDK there are third party tools that will provide this kind of information, I mean you will know which reports are affected if you make a column data type change on a table that is used in reports.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)