BusinessObjects Board

List objects used in a series of reports

Thanks Dwayne!

I was looking for a way to easily document all the objects used by my reports - which is exactly what your handy little method does!

Many thanks

markvictory (BOB member since 2008-08-14)

What a wicked utility! THANK YOU!!!

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)

You are most welcome.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

I could not have found this at a more opportune time. We are in the process of implementing a new TMS (which has some reporting capabilities). I have been given the task of analyzing every Business Object report to determine which ones can/should be created and run from within the new TMS (user interactive) and which ones will need to be recreated in the new Universe (when it is designed).

Not an easy task, so this will certainly be a huge help.

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)

Do we have this type of macro for WebI reports? In BOXI V3 we can save WebI reports in local drive…

SivakumarS :singapore: (BOB member since 2006-08-10)

WID Scanner is what you’re after.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Thank you Jansi…

SivakumarS :singapore: (BOB member since 2006-08-10)

Hi All

In this Utility too,can we bring up the report owner name in the document from the repository for each report published?

Thanks in advance
-Meghana

meghanact (BOB member since 2010-07-13)

Dwayne,

I want to get the list of columns(report variables) from the Web Intelligence report in BO Xi R3.1 using Java SDK.

can you suggest any post for this as the full client report only gets DeskI reports and it has given in macros. please suggest how to do it in Java SDK.

Regards,
Deepak

lampack93 :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-23)

hi,
Is it possible to view more information about objects in filters? (eg prompts, in list, not in list etc)

kkl :poland: (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

Is this compatible with R3?

dj2002rob (BOB member since 2010-10-14)

I cannot get this to work on my version of BO. We use DESKI 12.1.0.882

I get “you are not authorized to view this document” (FRM0008), followed by "Run-time error ‘136’, unable to open this document, file is corrupted.

DataRow(2) = Dir(PathName & “*.rep”)
Do While DataRow(2) <> “”
2), _If PathName & DataRow(2) <> ThisDocument.FullName Then
Set Doc = Application.Documents.Open(PathName & DataRow(
True, True)

The bolded area is what was highlighted.

Can anyone help me out with what to do? This utility would really help out my group!

Thanks!

dj2002rob (BOB member since 2010-10-14)

Hi All,

I need to document all the objects used in our reports and was looking for a macro. I was happy to know there is a macro for doing it. Thanks to Dwayne!

But unfortunately am not able to refresh the document, it says the data providers have not been successfully refreshed.

Is there any specific library file that needs to be enabled for this macro to work? I went to Tools -> References and enabled all the libraries, plug-ins for Business Objects 11.5

Environment : BO XI R2
Reports: Deski

Please, can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Raghu

Raghu Vaddi (BOB member since 2008-03-27)

Is there any way to find webI reports for the associated objects in the Universe.

eswar519 (BOB member since 2009-05-26)

Hello,

Can this utility be used for WEBI reports.

OR Is there any such utility to find the objects referenced in which reports for WEBI?

Thanks in advance,

Milind D. Kadam

milind.kadam (BOB member since 2006-07-07)

Hi All,

This utility works fine for Dataprovider universe objects and Variables.

Also I want to list out which are the objects are selected in Scope of Analysis. As of now current utility won’t handle scope of analysis objects.

Please advice me how to get those object details by using the same utility.

Thanks in Advance!.

Thanks & Regards
Madhes

madhes13 (BOB member since 2006-03-29)

[quote:e1085d7ede=“milind.kadam”]Hello,

Can this utility be used for WEBI reports.

OR Is there any such utility to find the objects referenced in which reports for WEBI?

Thanks in advance,

Milind D. Kadam
[/quote]

search on WID scanner

Bhargava Ram :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-27)

Can we modify the code to include wqy files in this…?

I need to get all information for web intelligence reports having wqy extension basically used in BO 5.1 …please help

desmataks (BOB member since 2010-04-26)

Hi, thank you for this macro. How would be to have the same things for the report Webi (.wid) in BO 6.5 too? Does it exists a script with this possibilitiy in BOB.

daniele.gentile :it: (BOB member since 2004-05-24)

Hi,

Has anyone used this macro for XI R3 SP2? We want to use utility for webi reports. I have changed *.rep to *.wid but still it is not working.

I am getting error @ line

DataRow(2) = Dir(PathName &amp; "*.rep") 

Has anyone solved this issue? It would be really helpful if anyone can provide me the solution or any workaround to get it work.

Regards,
Chetan

chetan86 :india: (BOB member since 2011-01-18)