BusinessObjects Board

link Audit database to CMS database

In the CMS database there is a table (CMS_INFOOBJECTS7) which holds the instances (column ObjectID).
I try to link this column to the ADS_EVENT table in the Audit database.
I do not see (if it is even possible) to link the CMS and Audit database.

I can create a query via the Query builder, but there is not an option to use that query in the Information Design Tool because there is no driver to connect to the repository.
Another option would be to export (scheduled) the result from the query builder. That option is not available.

Does anybody have an idea how to connect the audit database with the CMS database or how I can extract data form the repository.
This is the query I use in the query builder:
SELECT SI_ID, SI_GUID FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS

ebbengjo :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-05-03)

You can, but there’s not a whole lot of info that you can get from the raw cms_infoobjects7 table. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I want to have for every instance (CMS database, table InfoObjects, column ObjectID) the event data (Audit database, table ADS_EVENT).

The instance (ObjectId) is used in an external database and therefore I first need to link to the CMS database before I can go to the Audit database to get the data.

No, I mean what is your ultimate requirement – what are you trying to get out of the CMS tables?

From the CMS Database I need

• CMS_InfoObjects7.ObjectID
  • CMS_InfoObjects7.SI_RUID (not encrypted)

So you just need the RUID and object ID? Yes, you can get that – just join on the CUID:

select 
	ae.event_type_id, 
    ae.object_name, 
    ae.start_time,
    ci.si_ruid,
    ci.objectid
from 
	ads_event ae
    join cms_infoobjects7 ci
    	 on ae.object_id = ci.si_cuid

That’s what I needed. Thnx!