BusinessObjects Board

License question

Hello List,

I’ve a question about the business objects licenses. I do not know, how many license we have for Full client and the web infoview installed at our site. I was wondering, If there’s a way we can find out this?

Thanks

new_user (BOB member since 2003-10-01)

Call whoever sold you the licences in the first place, your account rep from Business Objects would be a good start.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

You can use Andreas’ suggestion for how to find out the maximum you should have.

As to how many full-client licenses are installed – there’s nothing automated that would tell you that. But an indicator might be how many users you have defined in your repository who you have enabled to access the BusinessObjects module.

(However, if you didn’t disable the module for those users who shouldn’t have access via full client – then this won’t help.)

Likewise – you can get an indication of how many users who you have enabled to access the WebIntelligence module, if you’ve used Supervisor to control.

We keep track in a personal database of our users and which module(s) to which we’ve authorized them – including folks we’ve dropped through the years – we keep other info such as which School/Department they are in, contact information, etc.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

if you are using E6 you can see enabled licenses in your xml license file. If it´s not temporary you will see your company´s name inside this tag: . There you will find expiration dates and number of users for each prod.

Hope it helps

wshiguetaka (BOB member since 2002-08-16)

Another approach is to email your questions to: licensing@businessobjects.com

Include the keyId and company name listed in your XML license file.

Crash :us: (BOB member since 2004-04-27)

In our case, this was not an accurate record nor was it meant to be an accurate record of our licenses. If you do a search I posted the discussion I had with the licensing folks at BO which gave a pretty good accounting of this XML file.

csievert :denmark: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

here it is

csievert :denmark: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi Willium,

please do let me know the path of this XML license file. I got one setup.controls.xml where I can see the tools/controls…with type parameter in controls tag set as NONE/BOTH/INSTALL…

Please let me know the path, this is quite urgent & want to resolve this asap.

Awaiting…!!!

Thanks in advance,
Chaitanya

chaitanyabhure :india: (BOB member since 2011-01-12)