BusinessObjects Board

License key information

Hi all,

What is the maximum number of users can login to BO at a time?
Can we see this information in the license Key? we are using BO 6.5.1 version.

Thanks in advance…

Ramp (BOB member since 2004-12-06)

Yes, you can see it in the license key. However, the maximum is strictly a licensing issue. It is not enforced by the software.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hi!
I see this is a relatively old post so therefore this question: is it still the case in BO 6.5.1 that the maximum number of users created in a BO environment is NOT restricted by the software?
Thanks!

alonso (BOB member since 2004-03-01)

Ok, I got to ask: Does it really matter?

One would subject oneself and his/her company to the risk of auditing by BusinessObjects, legal consequences and fines.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Then I must say: things aren’t always black or white… So I understand why you might think ‘does it really matter’, but yes it does matter in this case.

I appreciate your concerns…

alonso (BOB member since 2004-03-01)

I beg to differ. Our Rules and Guidelines document has an entire section about things we don’t allow to be discussed on BOB, including but not limited to requests for information about illegal acts.

Your license with Business Objects is a contract. Breaking that contract is illegal, no matter how you try to spin it. Questions like this should be addressed specifically to your company legal department and to Business Objects, not on an independent forum. Thanks.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Just remember that the number of ids in the repository is not what you are licensing. You are licensing the number of unique individuals who use those IDs. If you have 100 people all sharing an ID, then you are still using 100 licenses. It’s also common to have “extra” IDs on the system for training and other purposes.

If you are audited, you will be have the responsibility to justify your implementation.

Anybody can please let me know, how to view the number of licenses one has for BO 6.5. I do not have any other alternative to way to know this & my client wants it. Please do provide me few insights.

Thank you,
Chaitanya

chaitanyabhure :india: (BOB member since 2011-01-12)

There is nothing baked into the license key that will tell you that. The customer needs to look at his contract or contact the vendor.