BusinessObjects Board

Learn BODS RAPID MARTS

Hi,

I am new to Rapid marts and need to work on assignments related to it. How can I learn SAP BODS Rapid Marts and find complete information related to it.

Regards
sriram

jyothisriram (BOB member since 2017-04-04)

[Moderator Note: Moved from General Discussion to Data Integrator -> DI: Rapidmarts and Business Content]

And welcome to B:bob:B!

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Which Rapid Marts are you referring to exactly?

SAP no longer maintains or sells the Rapid Mart solutions, they were all handed over to BackOffice Associates. The Rapid Mart solutions came from BusinessObjects originally.

They were pre-developed data marts with Data Integrator ETL on top, with BusinessObjects Universes and Web Intelligence Reports. I think most of these date back to the BOXI R2 and DI 11.5 days although they were maintained and available as BOXI 3.1 and Data Services 3.2 solutions and I believe they had just been “upgraded” to be compliant with BO 4.0 and DS 4.0 when SAP just got rid of them all together.

I’ve worked with a few of these, in particular those for SAP ERP and I was never overly impressed with their functionality, data model and ETL design. They certainly were not “turn-key” solutions, just development accelerators at best if you could look beyond the extremely crude design.

So what is it exactly you want to learn here?

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)