BusinessObjects Board

Language tables and column names changed in Database, what to do

Hi all,
With an upgrade of an internal database dba has introduced another language for the tables and columns. I work at BI-department and we were never informed. The old universe (tables and columns) was in Dutch and now all in English. Tables and columns are of course not anymore recognized in the universe–> reports
Since there are many reports using the Dutch names is there any possibility to rename tablenames and columns in the universe and that all reports still work? I really can not think of a solution for this. Of course I can create new univ/unx but of course all reports will be lost and this will be a hell of a job. If you have any ideas it would be much appreciated. Thank you! PS if unclear let me explain further please.

how does a DB-upgrade change table-names and/or columns ???
the technical names are not language-dependent !

There isn’t a way to update the table and column names in the schema side of the universe that I am aware of.

The best option you would have available would be to update the SQL for all of the universe objects to use the new table and column names. Not much better than creating a new universe, but it won’t break your reports. You can use Find and Replace to do some of the updates, such as table names but you will most likely have to touch every universe object to update them.

Could you create DB views with Dutch view names and column names that mimic the old tables and simply SELECT from the new English tables?