BusinessObjects Board

Keep first column visible on drilldown

Probably a pretty basic question but I’m pretty rusty.

Sample data looks like this:

Texas $40
NY $59

Drill in to get this:

Dallas $20
Austin $20

But I want:

Texas Dallas $20
Texas Austin $20

In other words, I want the value in the leftmost column at the top level to be visible regardless of the drilldown level. I don’t want the other columns to behave that way.

I’m not sure if this can be done in the report, or if I need the change the navigation path.

Thanks in advance.

dukeslater (BOB member since 2007-02-15)

the Drilldown-function can’t expand the layout of your report with extra columns.
the first column does not stay alive on the top level, it is switching/replacing the dimension within this column.

if you always want to show the top-level you have to add a column with no drilldown-capabilty, that is always showing this top-level-content
(maybe with some min(), max(), first(), last() calculation-context to avoid the “multiple-values”-error)

n8aktiv :de: (BOB member since 2018-12-29)

Yes, that worked perfectly. Only problem is the same value is displayed twice at the top level, but I can live with that unless you know how to hide a column at the top level only. Thanks!

if the values of an attribute are displayed twice on an aggregated level,
then (mostly) these items are not identical.
please examine text-format and spaces.

n8aktiv :de: (BOB member since 2018-12-29)

The field in question is the Location ID. It is the first field in the navigation path.

I replicated the field in the source table, so the values would be identical.
Then I created a new measure based on that field and made it a max. Then I added it to the table in column 1.

So at the top level I get the new measure (not in the navigation path), and the original measure, which is in the NP.

On drilldown level 1 I get the new value only and the second value is replaced by the next field in the NP as expected.

So I suspect the report is doing exactly what I told it to do. I don’t know if I can dynamically hide columns, and it’s not a deal breaker on this one, but it would be nice to clean it up. Thanks.