BusinessObjects Board

JDBC Adapter Datastore, sql() error

Hi All,

I’m working on an integration in Data Services 4.2.6 to read/load data in EDB via the jdbc adapter. I have the adapter instance configured and working. I’ve also created the corresponding datastore in Data Services. All of that appears to be working as expected. The challenge I’m running into is when attempting to use the sql() function with this jdbc adapter datastore. Data Services is throwing an error when I validate the job prior to execution:

[Script:Script_File_Chek_Transfer] 
The script <Script_File_Chek_Transfer> contains an invalid expression. Additional information: <Adapter datastore <DS_JDBC_EDB> cannot be used in a sql() function because the adapter does not support this functionality.>. (BODI-1111242)

Has anyone experienced this issue while working with the jdbc adapter? Is there a solution that will enable us to use the sql() function with a jdbc adapter datastore?

Thanks, Jason
[/code]

jdow (BOB member since 2013-03-28)

Has anyone else come across this? We’re having the same issue. I can’t see anything in the Adapters guide which suggests it shouldn’t be supported. We’re on 4.2 SP 11.
https://help.sap.com/doc/PRODUCTION/01f3c787a6e7499e86e25a556878cbef/4.2.8/en-US/ds_42_adapters_en.pdf

dopple :uk: (BOB member since 2009-06-19)