BusinessObjects Board

Issue with RESTful services

Not sure if this is right category, But here goes. So are moving from BI 4.2 SP8 to BI 4.3 SP2. I have some code that uses RESTful services to log into the BI platform and open a document (Lumira dashboard). But I cannot get the same code to work with the BI 4.3 platform.

I did some testing using Postman and Advanced REST Client. The issue is coming down to that I cannot log into the BI 4.3 client using the GET http://:/biprws/logon/long. I get the following error.

FWM 20030 Could not reach CMS ':6400'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues, please refer to SAP Knowledge Base Article 2151044 on the SAP Support Portal. (FWM 20030)

I have a incident with SAP, but so far they have no idea why I am getting this. Yes RESTful services are up and working (Fiori uses RESTful services).

1 Like

how do you „move“ to 4.3 ?
other server ? other network ?
did you check if server+port 64xx is accessible in network/firewall ?
did you check if port-no. is correct ?

I guess the proper term would be upgrading from BI 4.2 SP8 to BI 4.3 SP2 (using new servers).

I did a telnet from my computer, but the results were inconclusive since neither the current installation or the new installation appears to have the port 6400 open.

I am not sure how to check to see if the port is correct. The conclusion was (at this time) that since the RESTful services are working for the Fiori interface, thus RESTful services should be working. I checked the http://:/biprws and got the correct response.

That has been my assumption since they both came out. We are the process of upgrading from BI4.2 to BI4.3 as well. We haven’t run into this issue but I don’t work with our RESTful web service interface, my coworker does. He hasn’t mentioned having to make any changes.

Maybe SAP will have answer in a few days.

In default installations of the BI platform, the base URL is defined as … :6405/biprws

I know about the 6405 port. But for some reason it does not like having the port number there at all.