BusinessObjects Board

Is WEBI 2.x compatible to use Sybase database?

Hi,

I have created a Universe with Sybase database. I am fine while creating reports in fullclient. But I have problem while running the query in Webi. It gives error ‘Connection or SQL statment error’. I don’t get any error number.
Has anyone idea?

Thanks,

Rita

patelrits (BOB member since 2006-07-17)

Hi,

Firstly, I dont know Sybase.

However what I do know is that proper Sybase connectivity (middleware) needs to be installed also on BO server where you have Infoview, WebI,… Has this been done before?

Without the middleware WebI reports don’t “see” the database specified in the universe connection. :nonod:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

We use Sybase ASE. Marek has ineed pinpointed your probable problem.

We install and configure Sybase Open Client on our WebI server in the same way we do on our non-ZABO full-client desktop machines.

In addition, your universe should be using secured connections, which are the only connections that are defined in the repository. If your universe is defined with either shared or personal connection, then no one else (including the WebI server) has access to that connection information.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks for your reply. One of our team members found the problem (same as you identified) and has assigned to install the SYBASE driver on Web server. Once it is done, I will be able to generate the reports.

Thanks once again for giving the solution.

patelrits (BOB member since 2006-07-17)