BusinessObjects Board

Is there any plan for BOMM to manage unstructured data?

Hello,

I evaluted BOMM (BO metadata manager) and presented the lineage reports and impact reports from end-end perspective to my management. They liked it, but want to know if SAP has any plan to pull unstructured meta data into BOMM?

Thanks!
Cindy Zhang

yzhang22 (BOB member since 2012-01-18)

Great to hear that you and your management liked the lineage and impact capbilities of BOMM.

What sources are you thinking of, when you talk about “unstructured metadata”? Is it content of a XLS that contains already documented technical metadata (and relations)?

Also beyond the legacy BOMM solution take a look at SAP Information Steward, who is combining the legacy BOMM functionality with data profiling, data quality assessment and monitoring and data quality scorcards. This allows organizations not only to see in the lineage and impact where the data is coming from or used furthe rdownstream, but also directly identify how good or bad the data is and with that e.g. how reliant the reports created are.

Niels

nweigel :de: (BOB member since 2008-11-05)

thanks for getting back to me. I don’t see there is a built-in Integrator SAP from Information Steward4.0 to pull metadata from EMC Documentum or MS SharePoint. Is there any plan for it? Thanks!

yzhang22 (BOB member since 2012-01-18)