BusinessObjects Board

Interpreting Monitor Stats for Table_Comparison transform

I’ve never been able to find information on what the Monitor Statistics related to the Table_Comparison transform mean. For example:

/dataflow/Table_Comparison: 0   STOP   4
/dataflow/Table_Comparison: 1   STOP   3
/dataflow/TCRdr_11   STOP   3

In this experiment, my input table had 4 rows, 3 of which existed exactly in the comparison table (and no generated key). So one row was inserted, and 3 were unchanged, and presumably did not come out of the TC transform. Based on that and other experiments, I’m wondering if the following interpretation of the stats is correct:

[list]TCRdr_11 = Number of rows read from the comparison table
Table_Comparison: 0 = Number of rows coming into the TC transform
Table_Comparison: 1 = Number of rows DROPPED by the TC transform (due to having no change)?[/list]
I’m especially uncertain about the last one, but it fits what I’ve seen in the experiments. When there were initially no rows in the comparison table and 3 rows coming in, this number was 0. Subsequent tests with no additional changes to the input set this number to 3, the row count already existing unchanged in the comparison table. When I added the 4th row to the input table, this number was still 3, but when I ran it the next time with no changes to the input table, it was 4.

Am I missing some document that explains this? I’ve searched but not found any yet. Thanks for any insight.

JohnBrooking (BOB member since 2009-12-22)

There isn’t much out there to help you figure this out. Like you, I experiment with it to figure out what the output is telling me.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)