BusinessObjects Board

Installing WEBI on Windows XP Professional

Is there a way to install WEBI on Windows XP professional. I need to install it on my laptop so that I can work on webi when I am travelling.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Ravi

raviharve :india: (BOB member since 2002-08-22)

WEB-I is not installed.

It is accessed by a browser by connecting to server through a fixed URL.

You cannot do that.

Instead u may use a full clinet BO with a OFFLINE login or ZABO for same.

man4urheart :india: (BOB member since 2003-02-14)

WebI requires a server. Windows XP Pro is not a server. So, the answer is :nonod: :nonod:

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Steve You missed the point.

Sorry! if I offend You But

1. He is not asking that he can install WEB-I server with Windows XP Professional as a WEB Server for WEB-I interface.

2. His question was he needs something to report from his LAPTOP for reporting while he is TRAVELLING.

3. So he was looking to WEB-I for same capabilities.

Not offended at all. How could I have been so confused? :roll_eyes:

How do you know what he’s asking?

I need to install it on my laptop so that I can work on webi when I am travelling.

what does this line suggests you?

He is simply a travelling END user. A guy like him can never be a WEB-i administrator
and
no company will install a web-i server on laptop?

I guess we’ll have to leave it to the original poster.

1. I have a WebI server running on my laptop.

2. I would guess that 95% of the members of this board are not end-users, but rather they are developers.

Of course, I could be wrong, but… I’m still betting that the real question was about actually installing WebIntelligence on Windows XP.

How many users you have hitting ur laptop?

I have 3500 users.

Can I manage same with my laptop WEB-I installation?

what about clusters?

Why would you need to have more than 1 person on your own WebI server?

If the person is a developer and wants to build some reports or do some ASP developement or some other stuff, then a laptop implementation works very well.

I concede, you are likely correct that raviharve is an end-user who wants to work on reports when he’s on the road. I just hope his reports are all written in the full-client.

True

Now you got my point.

Thats what i was wondering , what is the meaning of WEB-i server on laptop?

Full Client is excellent option.

Now if this guy wants WEB-I for his personal use, then both of us are wasting time in answering this query and should rather solve some other cases which need a look.

Most amazing part is… this guy did not responded even once to clarify.

hahahaha

One very valid reason is to be able to demonstrate WEBi functionality to a potential client if one is a consultant :!:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Like all the BO tech experts have :!:

anand (BOB member since 2002-08-14)

Hi there

I think I am going to be asking the same question (almost) as the original poster.

I am a BusinessObjects developer, but have the need to go out to client sites to demonstrate our products (ad-hoc reporting capabilities). Although we have a number of Zabo users, most of our end-users use WebI.

I am able to demonstrate the capabilies fine using full client (5.1.9) for the Zabo users, however it would be very useful to myself and my ‘audience’ if I could also show the WebI view.

So… what I am asking - is it possible to have a server build on a laptop running XP? (I did see a comment from someone suggesting it wasn’t) however I have had varying comments from people.
Although no-one has been able to give me a difinitive answer so far - or, even better, how to go about it.

If anyone can help I would be most appreciative - and if you live in the Sheffield(UK) area - I’ll buy you a pint!

Cheers,
Sandi

SandiR :uk: (BOB member since 2004-12-20)

use this secret hints

setup.exe /wrkst

to install 5.x/2.x server products on non server box

You have to install and manage also an http server. Apache one is a good choise.

Yes !!

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Hi all,

As long as IIS 6.0 or Tomcat, Java 1.4 and upper are installed no pb with installing WEBI server on the Laptop.
Is not recommanded as a PRODUCTION machine still it’s enough for demos.

Anyway it works on my laptop.

Best regards,

bogdan agape :fr: (BOB member since 2004-09-08)