BusinessObjects Board

Insert New report as a tab in a different .REP document

hi all

I have one document abc.REP with one report as one tab.

I have another document xyz.REP with 3 reports as 3 tabs.

I want to put abc.REP as a fourth tab in xyz.REP

All the 4 tabs are connecting to the same database.

how will i do this.

The reason i want to do this is abc.REP is all set and formatted so i dont have to re-create this report in xyz.REP

TIA

cheers

rxs0005

rxs0005 :us: (BOB member since 2007-05-16)

There is no easy way to copy report tabs between documents. There is a workaround method that I will describe, but ironically it may not work with complex reports … the very reason you would WANT to use it the most.[list]1. Copy the data provider from abc.rep to xyz.rep using this utility.
2. From abc.rep, save the report tab as a template (File, Save As, and change type to template).
3. In xyz.rep, insert a blank report, and apply the template saved in step 2.
4. Cross your fingers :yesnod: [/list]

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Dwayne

thanks for sharing the process to do the task i am sure it woudl have worked for all the other reports .

These report sof mine are based on Free Hand SQL so the data provider the middle window is empty so i cannot use that add in but i will def use ot when we have the DP as universes

thanks

rxs0005

rxs0005 :us: (BOB member since 2007-05-16)

Dwayne,

2 Questions for you:

1. Is there a way to merge two reports with Webi (I believe the instructions you gave were for Deski)?

2. Is there a way to create a template in Webi (e.g. Page/Header/Footer Layout) and save it in the “Webi Templates” tab options along with the other predefined Tables, Charts, and Free-Standing Cells? This way, any user could easily drag the template in their report and conform with the company standards.

Thanks!

Mervyn

Jamolie (BOB member since 2005-09-07)

No, unfortunately not.

Same answer :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Awesome! I was afraid that was the answer! :smiley: Thanks anyways!

Jamolie (BOB member since 2005-09-07)