BusinessObjects Board

Insert a delay

How can I insert a delay in the 1 second after pressing the button and inserting the data from one cell to another? Tried to do with the play switch but it’s did not work. How to do a delay with formulas? Thank you!

Kaputmaher (BOB member since 2013-12-27)

Follow these steps

1. in cell A1 put the formula “=A2+1”
  2. in cell A2 put “-1”
  3. add a new history component, with data cell A1, insertion cell A2, and timer interval to 1 second
  4. add a label to the dashboard pointing at cell A1, and you have a timer!

your cell value will be incrementing by 1 each second. you can change the time that is taken to increment the cell value.

after that, go to the web service usage panel in dashboard and set the web service to start execution at your desired time.

Naveen.SAP (BOB member since 2012-11-16)

I have previously tried to make a similar, but failed. I know that there is a simple logical solution for this problem…

I have attached an commented XLF example of a simple Dashboards quiz (html and swf are here). Please do not judge its design and algorithms :slight_smile: It’s just example.

The main question is: how it is possible to make automatic switching question with two seconds delay after the user’s response (pushing the answers button), and not as now by pressing “next” button?

Thank you and sorry for my English :slight_smile:

P.S. And what is that bug in published swf with changing size of canvas after pointing on interactive elements?
quiz.zip (1043.0 KB)

Maybe it’s impossible to do in XCelsius?

Naveen.SAP:

I had to pop this to the top of the stack to say thanks…

I was looking for a way to highlight a value in my dashboard by momentarily changing colors on user interaction and this did the trick. Cool stuff…

Thanks again for the info.

Go :mrgreen:

datawizard (BOB member since 2015-01-20)