BusinessObjects Board

Infoview for 2 different BOMain.key in one BO6.5 server

Hi,

For our business requirement, we split our BO6.5 solution into 2 parts – so now we have 2 security domain ( with 2 BOMain.key ) running under 1 physical BO6.5 server. Also we have 2 separate BCA dedicated for 2 different security domains. So we have two BOMain key files in the path C:\Program Files\busobj\LocData in server. We have kept both keys in same path as we need to monitor the BCA console for both the system.

But while we are trying to log into BO6.5 infoview, it’s directly authenticating the key file kept in the particular server path (C:\Program Files\busobj\LocData), where it’s getting two BOMain.key files and as a result of this contradiction it’s throwing error.

On the other hand, we observe as we remove the 1 BOMain.key file from LocData folder and keep single key file is there in the path C:\Program Files\busobj\LocData, the infoview is working fine. But on that case, BCA scheduled reports( checked from BCA Console) are not working for removed BOMain.key system.

So my question is, if there is any work around to run infoview for 2 different BOMain.key in one BO6.5 server. Otherwise, can we keep one of the BOMain.key s to other path and point corresponding BCA Console to the same path?

Here are configuration details:
BO Version: 6.5.1
Server OS: Windows Server 2003
Security Repository: Oracle

Waiting for feedback from you.

Thanks,
Animikh

animikhc (BOB member since 2010-11-03)

Hi,

As far as I remember, a BO server in 5.x and 6.x versions can work only with one bomain.key file in the locdata folder. No workaround for this other than having separate physical servers.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

A 6.5 Infoview/BCA server can only work with a single bomain.key, and it must be named bomain.key.

You can’t have multiple files with the same name in the same directory, so I assume you have one named bomain.key and one somethingelse.key. Infoview will see bomain.key and use it.

Also, the key file that’s in program files\business objects\locdata is used only for desktop apps (Supervisor, BCA Console, etc.). The servers (BCA and Infoview) look in program files\business objects enterprise 6\nodes…\locdata for the key file.

You could, in theory, set up a process to shut down the servers, swap the bomain.key files, and bring it back up. But that would be risky and the two environments would not be running at the same time.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

[Moderator Note: Moving from General Discussion to Web Intelligence 6.x Servers]

@Marek: Thanks for your update.As much as I know, infoview application can be customized as per requirement. Is it not possible to customize infoview in such a way that it will check for BOMain.key at any other folder instead of LocData? I am just thinking. Please advice.

@Joe: Yes, we have 2 BOMain.key with different name. Say BOMain.key and BOMain_X.key. Also I copied both *.key to program files\business objects enterprise 6\nodes…\locdata folder as well.
Thanks for your new idea.But I think this option is not fesible in our case. As it is required to have both system up and running for 24x7.

animikhc (BOB member since 2010-11-03)

No as far as I know. As Joe already mentioned a BO server works only with one .key file and the file must be named bomain.key.

To some extent yes. But not everything is possible. You also are not trying to customize a scooter to a truck, aren’t you? :slight_smile: