BusinessObjects Board

Infoview access to two databases using single host machine.

Hi,

At present I have two database repositories and have one BOBJ 6.5 installation on HP unix server.
Can I access Infoview for these two repositories using the same host machine and how?
Kindly help.

alokkarn (BOB member since 2009-10-09)

Hi,

There is currently one BOBJ 6.5 installed on HP UNIX server. I want the Infoview users to acess the test and dev repositories with this single installation. Can I do that? I believe we can have two bomain key in Locdata directory but I have doubt that two bomain keys cannot co-exist in the same Locadata folder otherwise, Infoview will give error.Any ideas plzzz??

Hi,

A BO server takes into account only a .key file that is named bomain.key. So regardless of the number of .key files in the LocData folder, only one will be considered and used. So to answer your question, the BO server can work only with one repository.

You either need a separate installation of BO on another physical server for dev or test environment or you could create dev/test/prod environments within one BO installation as separate domains.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Many thanks Marek.

In fact,I want to avoid other installation on a separate server.
That means I can create one separate domain for test(I am already having dev domain) using Supervisor.
But I wanted Infoview users to use the same url but for two different repositories.
I think it may not be possible because myCluster/LocData can only have one bomain key for Infoview to work.
Can I know the usage of secondary node/cluster that could be helpful?

Sorry for creating confusion, but I am too desperate to come up with solution/confirmation please? :?

Regards,

Not possible.

Exactly.

A secondary node/cluster is useful for managing of a performance and high availability of a BOE system. Not for accessing two or more separate repositories.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Again many many thanks Marek to you for your prompt response.

Regards.