BusinessObjects Board

Information Steward: Busy (clock) icon permanently displayed

Hi there, after upgrading to Information Steward (not sure if immediately or a short while after) v 14.2.7.1218 we are experiencing an issue where after logging in the icon changes to the busy (clock) icon and the projects don’t load. Clicking on the “Projects” button loads the projects but the clock icon remains. You can then click on a project and then work in the project fine, but the pointer is still the clock icon all the time. The strange thing is that if you login to IS as Administrator then everything is normal. Logging in with any other user (even users in the Administrators group) results in the issue.
Notes:

I have tried manually assigning all possible rights to a test user and it doesn’t help.

The problem only happens on the Prod box, the Dev box is fine.

When Dev was upgraded the IS repo upgraded during the installation, but when Prod was upgraded the repo upgrade didn’t work due to an incorrect password supplied. I manually upgraded the IS repo after the upgrade.

The Windows versions on the Dev and Prod box are slightly different. Dev is Win Server 2012 R2 Standard and Prod is Win Server 2012 R2 Datacenter.

We’ve tried clearing the Tomcat cache.

Any help appreciated.
IS clock icon issue.png

ClintL :south_africa: (BOB member since 2011-01-06)

Does this only happen on the DI tab or do you get the same thing with the other tabs in IS?

acsbillw :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-19)

Hi, on all tabs and in every menu and function, everywhere in IS.

I’ve never seen an issue like this. If I was to guess I’d say you had a problem with the deployment. Maybe you could clear out the tomcat cache and let it redeploy. If you don’t know the steps to do this let me know. There is also a Kbase out there that explains this process in detail.

Thanks,

BW

acsbillw :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-19)

Thanks for the input, we have tried clearing the Tomcat cache, sorry I forgot that when I listed what we’ve tried.