BusinessObjects Board

Indexing runs forever

I want to use an InfoCube as a source in Business Objects Explorer. So I defined a universe on top of the InfoCube using Information design tool along with some calculated columns (similar to calculated key figures in BEx query).

The indexing on the Information Space used to work fine with the default measures that come from the InfoCube but when I started using the newly created calculated columns in the Information Space, the indexing runs forever and never finishes.

I went back to the data foundation of the universe and defined the primary keys for all dimension tables; I maintained all non-measure fields as Foreign Keys in the fact table. (these were not marked by default when I used the InfoCube as the source)

Is this a performance issue or a bug, please do provide your advice.

gramesmith (BOB member since 2014-12-11)

Moderator note:
Please do not cross-post. It leads to fragmented discussions and is against our forum rules. I deleted your duplicate post. Thanks.

Which exact version/patch level of SAP BI, BusObject Explorer, and SAP BW are you using?
What’s the hardware sizing of your SAP BI 4.x server? Should be at least 10 CPU cores and 24 GB RAM I believe if using BusObj Explorer.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)