BusinessObjects Board

Increase AUDIT Interval

Hi
our Audit data base is not updating the data in the tables. I found the Audit files greater than okb in the following folder.
Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Auditing
But this data is not updating to our tables. Some body in this form suggested to check the Audit interval, I dont know how to do that I didnt find that option in CMC. Do I need to run CMC.EXE in the command prompt to get to this option, if yes then how risky is it to run this command Please suggest.
We are on BOXI 3.1 SP1

Thank you

srrj :us: (BOB member since 2009-08-07)

This can be come through command line for the CMS server.

Please check the admin guide for Audit Interval.

ramaks (BOB member since 2009-03-31)

Hi Thanks for the reply
In the Admin guide it says we have to change the command line option from the below path.
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise
12.0\win32_x86\CMS.exe

Do I have to execute the CMS.exe file in the command prompt from the above folder path. and execute the command “-AuditInterval” to change the audit interval?

Thank you

Hi Folks
Found a way to Increase the Audit Interval
Enter regedit in Run command
Go to HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE—Software–Business Objects–Suite 12.0–CMS–Instances–Yourservername–Auditinterval

Double click Aduit Interval and Change the default time from 5 min to your requirement.

Is the only way to change this parameter to update the registry? I there a way to do it on the CMC/Servers/CMS properties? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

gorthous :chile: (BOB member since 2004-11-10)

In XI R2 you add this to the CMS service via the CCM on the server’s properties. In XI 3.x add in the CMC in servers on CMS server’s properties.

Doesn’t require registry tweaks.

Eric Vallo :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Can you please provide more info on how to update Audit Interval in XI 3.1 in CMS Server properties…

Our auditing is not capturing any of the report refresh information…We would like to capture all that information.

Under registry keys i am not seeing this option also…

Enter regedit in Run command
Go to HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE—Software–Business Objects–Suite 12.0–CMS–Instances–Yourservername–Auditinterval

Thanks,
Raju

Rajua99 :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-16)