BusinessObjects Board

Incorporating ALL in prompT in a FREE HAND SQL QUERY REPORT

Hi,

I did go through this thread Including 'All' in prompt which says about including ALL while using prompts in LOVs.

Can someone guide me as to how to use ALL ina prompt ina free hand sql report.

Thanks!
Mugil.

haimugil (BOB member since 2006-05-17)

Can someone guide me on this question?

Thanks!
Mugil.

In the example quoted in the url, replace * with ‘ALL’ to resemble (
( admin.market_dimension.market_name IN @Prompt(‘Select Market or enter * for all groups’,‘a’,‘Market\Market Name’,multi,free) )
OR
(‘ALL’ in @Prompt(‘Select Market or enter * for all groups’,‘a’,‘Market\Market Name’,multi,free)) and include it in the free hand SQL query.

Also, make sure that ‘ALL’ is added as an LOV for that object at the universe level.

• Subah.

Subah :india: (BOB member since 2005-05-17)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. But I am not using an Universe here. I am creating a report usinga Free Hand SQL… Can you let me know how to do it in a free hand sql. How do I add ‘ALL’ as an LOV for the object at Univer se level in a free hand sql report??

Thanks!
Mugil.

I am not sure, if you can do that since you will need to have a variable with an ‘All’ that you need to re-use in building your query with @prompts.

You can place a union within your free hand SQL. For example

select * from (select * from Market union select ‘All’ from dummy_table). This will ensure that you will have the ‘All’ in your lov.

However, I am not sure how you will use the above code to define the source of the LOV in your prompts.

• Subah.

Subah :india: (BOB member since 2005-05-17)