BusinessObjects Board

Inconsistent SAP Extractor Selection parameters push down

Hi
I am finding that when I move an Extractor within a DataFlow, SAPDS regenerates the code for the data flow and this leads to some Selection parameters not always being pushed down.

Example:
Data flow contains Extractor > Query > Target Table
Query contains WHERE clause:

FIELD1 = VALUE1
AND FIELD2 = VALUE2
AND FIELD3 = VALUE3

When I check the generated code (Tools > Validate SQL) I can see the 3 fields being pushed down as Selection parameters. When I run the job, I see the selection begin used in ECC (t-code ODQMON) i.e. 3 fields used as filters

Issue:
if I edit the dataflow, and specifically move the Extractor source within the screen, the newly generated code only push down “some” of the parameters e.g. FIELD1 and FIELD2 but FIELD3 is no longer pushed down. the real problem is that I can (so far) never get back to the optimum 3 fields pushdown :hb:

Not sure why this behaviour occurs. There are no change on the ECC side.
I tried to look at the column properties in the Extractor metadata and set the Selection Mandatory flag to “yes” but this did not change the behaviour described above.

Anyone else experienced inconsistent “push down” behaviour with SAP DS extractors?

I am using SAP DS 4.1 SP2

Nicolas Hadj-Blaha :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2005-03-10)

It this a regular or ABAP data flow ?

I have not seem this, but I don’t currently use ABAP data flows.

Leigh Kennedy :australia: (BOB member since 2012-01-17)

This is using Extractors in a normal dataflow.
Additional update: the behaviour is also inconsistent when using Extractor and parameters embedded in an ABAP data flow. :roll_eyes:
Raised an SAP Support call.

Just to close the loop on this one.

SAP Notes
1881784 - One out of multiple where clauses is included in Optimized SQL - SAP Data Services
1634340 - Query WHERE condition for Extractor

The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01698069. Fixed in DS 4.1 SP 1 Patch 5 or DS 4.2 SP 2