BusinessObjects Board

Incompatible with MySQL Group Replication / InnoDB Cluster

Group Replication / InnoDB Cluster is a standard feature of MySQL, and it has been a part of MySQL for many years. The SAP Supported Platforms (PAM) lists MySQL 8 as supported. However when attempting to install BOBJ 4.3 server it fails with this error after entering CMS connection details:

Database access error. Reason The table does not comply with the requirements by an external plugin… (FWB 00090)

This is the message from the mysql log:

[ERROR] [MY-011542] [Repl] Plugin group_replication reported: ‘Table CMS_IdNumbers7 does not have any PRIMARY KEY. This is not compatible with Group Replication.’
[ERROR] [MY-011542] [Repl] Plugin group_replication reported: ‘Table CMS_VersionInfo does not have any PRIMARY KEY. This is not compatible with Group Replication.’
[ERROR] [MY-011542] [Repl] Plugin group_replication reported: ‘Table CMS_Aliases7 does not have any PRIMARY KEY. This is not compatible with Group Replication.’

So the issue is that the BO CMS database has tables without a PRIMARY KEY, which violates requirements of MySQL

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a way around it?

Hello @alex and welcome to B :mrgreen: B

I can only confirm that those tables do not have primary keys in Microsoft SQL Server either. It hasn’t caused us any issues. I know this doesn’t help you but wanted to pass along what I knew as it looks like this is by design.

I don’t know what adding keys might do to the performance of Business Objects. You could always test adding them if you have a test environment available.

You also might want to look at exactly what middleware Business Objects is using to talk to MySQL. They seem to have a habit of making it look like they support higher levels of the software on the surface but when you look further, they are using old middleware. I assume that the drivers you have installed are for your version of MySQL.

You could also open a case with SAP on this if you are on support. This should be something that they should be aware of.