BusinessObjects Board

Incompatible Objects in Report Level

I have two Objects in the report both from different data provider and they are in different context in the universe level. Iam not able to create a new object combining both the objects like when isnull of one object the other one in the report level. It says Incompatible Combination of Objects. Tell me a solution, its user requirement?

Nagasv (BOB member since 2007-04-13)

if you have common objects in both data providers link them and try …

Deepz :india: (BOB member since 2007-06-04)

Have you reviewed the FAQ?

Essentially if the objects in question are dimension objects and are from different queries, then you cannot use them in a variable or formula. You have to make sure they are linked, or that they are detail objects related to linked dimensions.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi

Thanks for ur reply

Both the data providers are already linked and i have even tried combining them in a single report varaibale by creating two details objects respectiveley for each dimension objects. This didn’t work out!!!

Let me know if any other possibilities are there

Thanks In Advance

Hi

After placing the variable in the report, your getting the incompatible object error? if so, try with the workaround

Place the object in the report colum. Here you will get the error.

Copy the variable from the report column.

Delete the variable from the report column and paste the variable again.

This will work…

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Hi,

Its not after placing the object in the report. I get the error while creating the object in the report

Thanks