BusinessObjects Board

Importing Extractors into BODS 4.0

Hi Experts,

Actually i am trying to extract data from SAP ECC Extractors into MS SQL Server 2008 using SAP BODS.

So for this first i just created a datastore with type sap applications and then later i imported 2LIS_11_VAHDR, 0CUST_SALES_ATTR… Extractors into sap bods. But here i can’t able to view the data for the respective Extrators.

Can any one help me, is there any settings or any functions that we need to install in sap server side for getting data into sap bods?

Appreciate for your help.

Thank You,
Sudheer Reddy

Sudheer Kodimi (BOB member since 2013-03-29)

If i click the ‘view data’ on top of Extractors in bods it is showing error called

Vendor-Supplied Function Module ‘Z_AW_RFC_READ_EXTRACTOR’ not found. Ensure that you canexecute the function module in SAP via transaction /nSE37.

So, Later i went to SE37 T-code in ECC and executed the above function module. But still it’s showing same error as i mentioned above.

Please let me know, do we need to do any settings still in SAP ECC side to get the data into bods for the Ectractors.

Thank You,
Sudheer

Sudheer Kodimi (BOB member since 2013-03-29)

Did you install the DataServices provided functions in SAP?
Is the SAP system on a later service pack and all SAP Notes related to the ODP API being installed?

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Using+Extractors+as+Source+(Data+Services+4.0)

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Hi,

Even I am facing a similar issue with SAP ECC ODP Objects. After importing the Extractors in the ODP Objects, we are unable to view the data.

We are using SAP BODS 4.2.

It is showing “Unknown exception in rdr:getnext()” as error.

Can anyone help with this issue. :hb: :hb: :hb:

cs38429 :india: (BOB member since 2012-05-11)