BusinessObjects Board

Images Allowed as Post Attachments

We have not allowed images to be attached to posts in the past. We have installed some additional software on the server that allows us to automatically generate thumbnails out of attached images, so we’re going to allow it on a trial basis. This means that if you have a screen shot you can save it as one of the supported images formats (including GIF, JPG/JPEG, PNG, and TIF) and upload it as is. That will save folks from having to download an attached Word document that includes your screenshot.

Standard file sizes and quotas still apply. The JPG/JPEG format probably works best for screen shots as they have fairly small file sizes.

To attach an image to your post, simply use the attachment process as you normally would.
DSC_1861.JPG

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

On other forums I can attach an image and then embed the image into the body of my message. This is nice so that forum users don’t have to download the image to view it. I tried that here and it looks great in Preview, but then after submitting it all I see is a link.

Here is the post I’m dealing with: Bad System Message and Signal 11 (Solved)

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

Hi Jim,

One setting in your preferences should do the trick.

Go to your profile (in the right upper menu) and there in the Preferences section find “View images as links” setting. Change it to No. Confirm the change using the Submit button at the bottom.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Sweet!! That works great. Thanks for the help.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)