BusinessObjects Board

If you could what ONE thing would you change in BO/WEBi?

Seeing that the Wish list for WEBi & BO is growing quite large, I am curious what everyone would change/add/modify in any of the BO products (WEBi, BO, BCA, Application Foundation, Acta, etc.) if they could only change ONE THING?

What ONE thing would you pick? Please, submit only ONE entry per per person.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

We should have the option of Drilling from a Report to a Graph
and Vice verse

gowthaman (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

More control over the drill path – drill down multiple levels, drill across/within, up multiple levels.

Or that the applets are more reliable, requiring less use of the Refresh button.

slimdave :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-10)

Slim, please pick one only…

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Multiple data providers in Webi.

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Ability to filter on aggregate measures.

anorak :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-13)

I would have said Variables in Webi, but that’s coming in the next release.

Then I would have said the ability to drill on a table and chart on the same report at the same time, but that’s coming in the next release. Saw both of these at the conference in Miami. :wink:

My number one request would be to see a true background client for processing full client reports. In other words, move the Unix architecture down to the NT platform. My expectation would be that the software would be more reliable (using a dedicated package instead of trying to make a foreground app work in the background), more efficient (less overhead if written properly) and other advantages as well.

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I agree with Eileen. Multiple data providers is a big deal.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

The removal of all mentions of DRILL in sales presentations by Business Objects.

When I go into a new work environment, I always hear: “The salesman told us we can drill, We want drill down capabilities, we love drill, we use drill all the time.” Wrong. In every instance, what they are reffering to as “drill” is actually a link to a different report based on the location of a cell in the report; different layout, different data, sometimes different criteria. I then have to re-educate people to what drill actually is, the ability to see an additional level of detail for a current row of the current report, in the same report format.

BusinessObjects and WebI can do what they are asking with hyperlinks, but explaining the difference and trying to get people to reffer to it all correctly and maintaining the numerous report variations required, is a headache I would rather avoid.

In 4 years of BusinessObjects development, I have never had a report with true drilling make it into production.

Lee Drake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Have BusinessQuery-type ability to select In-List from an Excel range – but without having to have BusinessQuery.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Be able to control colors in all graphs, not just columnar graphs

Is that so wrong??? :lol:

Dr.Disc :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)