BusinessObjects Board

IDT cannot reach CMS

Here’s an odd one: I cannot get IDT to connect to our new BO 4.1 SP4 instance, and it’s on the same machine upon which we did get WebI Rich Client working.

SAP so far does not have an answer on this one. I’m hoping someone has seen something similar.

When you see the error below, your first thought will be “firewall”. Indeed, I thought the same. As I state above, Rich Client works with the same credentials on that machine. And also (more fun) I cannot get IDT to launch on the Server itself. I would have questioned the install, except that’s 2 different machines which cannot connect IDT to the repository.

I did go through the “hosts” file and other common responses. Some of which are how we got Rich Client working. I’m missing another IDT specific step somewhere and I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks as always!

Server = Windows Server 2008
“evaluation setup” = all server tools and CMS installed in sandbox fashion on 1 machine, and client tools on another

Error message:

Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server MyServerName (FWM 01009)

Error Details:

Error:
Failed to log on host “MyServerName”, user “Administrator”, Could not reach CMS ‘MyServerName’. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

Cause of Error
Could not reach CMS ‘MyServerName’. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

Cause of Error
Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server MyServerName (FWM 01009)

bomberman (BOB member since 2008-10-15)

Nevermind! Brain kicked in this morning.

It’s a Java launcher. Applied the SSL java options similar to what was done on the Tomcat server, and it works fine.

Example additions:
-Dbusinessobjects.orb.oci.protocol=ssl
-DcertDir=D:\SSL
-DtrustedCert=cacert.der
-DsslCert=servercert.der
-DsslKey=server.key
-Dpassphrase=passphrase.txt

File to add them to:
<>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\InformationDesignTool.ini

Hope that helps someone!

bomberman (BOB member since 2008-10-15)

Hi All,
I have the same issue.
Is there any way to solve this problem? I have changed the archive InformationDesignTool.ini and it doesn´t work for me.

My case is a little bit diferent, because I can´t access Rich Cliente.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much.
BO 4.1 SP4
Amazon - clound
Linux

PS: Every port is opened from linux and amazon. I can do a telnet and it works. I can access cmc and lP via brownser.

Thank you!

defaro :brazil: (BOB member since 2006-09-01)

Did you resolve your issue as I have exact same problem on a AWS server after it was rebooted

Sweaty Pits (BOB member since 2009-05-15)

Hi All , any solution to this problem,
after installing IDT on a client machine i cant acces CMC on AWS server, i try everything :frowning:

any help please