BusinessObjects Board

i deleted a universe in cmc, now i cant open the .unv file

Hello,

I had a problem with an universe (it was damaged); so i had a backup of that universe (an .unv file).
I couldnt export the backup because cms didnt let me to export it. So what i did was to delete the universe from cmc and then i try to open the file and it says that the universe doesnt exist anymore in the cmc (so i cant open it :frowning: ).
I tried using vinvulation (with the file), i get the universe ‘vinculated’… but when i try to export it, it says that the universe im trying to export is vinculated with an universe that doesnt exist (the one i deleted).

I dont know what to do to recover the universe =/, i have the file but i dono what else can i do. I´ll apreciate your help !

Regards,

xiao (BOB member since 2007-07-16)

In the future, if you are keeping “manual” backups of universes, be sure to “save for all users” first. That will de-associate the universe with a particular repository, and allow you to always open it in the future.

In your current situation, there is a workaround, but it’s messy … Opening universes from another CMS in XI R2

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)