BusinessObjects Board

I can't see BO in Excel 2007

Hi everyone. I’m trying to install BO XI 3.1 SP5 with Office 2007 (x32) on windows 7. The thing is that I installed it, activated but I don´t see it in the excel tool bar.
I try reinstalling, cleaning reg, and other things but I continue having the same problem. Other thing that I try was clean it from excel’s COM and reinstall from there and I received the message that de crystal_addin_framework.dll its not a valid component of Office.

Any idea what can be the problem?

Thnks!

jmblanch (BOB member since 2013-11-08)

hi and welc :mrgreen: me to B :mrgreen: B

To make queries with excel, you need live office product which sould be installed separatly of clients

Then, once installed, you have to run the \SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 12\LiveOffice\enable_addin.exe program to enable the add in ?

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Bernard, Thks for answer. I start with the wrong foot. Yes I install Live Office and when I said that I activate it a try to explain that I used the enable_addin.exe.

The thing Its that It didn’t work. Then I tried reinstalling all and I had same issue. I tried to activate LO form Excel COM and received the message “crystal_addin_framework.dll its not a valid component of Office”.

jmblanch (BOB member since 2013-11-08)

ok, so, you have the right component installed and configured
After, strange behaviour. Are you sure the live office release is compatible with excel 2007. Is Live office working with other office component or same error ?

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)