BusinessObjects Board

HTTP 404 - Infoview Enhanced Document Format

When I try to view documents in Enhanced Document Format, it displays the report viewer panes for a few seconds and then the “Page not Found” HTTP 404 error is displayed.

I’ve viewed various similar posts on here and on the Bobj KX but none of the suggestions have helped so far.

I am able to view documents as HTML or PDF.

The issue is server side as it is affecting all users and it is possible to view documents on the dev server in EDF.

I am using Webi 2.7.4 on a W2k Server with IIS5.

I’ve tried recreating the IIS Virtual Directories but this hasn’t helped.

Any ideas?

Clare588 (BOB member since 2003-09-08)

I wish I could offer some suggestions, but our users don’t tend to use Enhanced Document Format.

However, when odd things like this happen, I always wonder whether a recent Microsoft Service pack could be conflicting with older software, such as 2.7.4. What operating system is your WebI server using – and if Windows, what Service Pack?

Do you possibly have a test server on which you could try upgrading to 2.7.5 (which corresponds to BusinessObjects 5.1.9) to see if that helps at all?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Enhanced format uses a dll which is downloaded first time and installed in downloaded program files directory (rptviewer.dll / rptviewer.inf) and you must have admin right in the client computers trying to visualize in enhanced format document in order to install it

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)