BusinessObjects Board

How to view the universes using webIntellingence.?

Hi,

How to view the universes through webintellignece?

Thanks and regards
Gowtham sen.

GowthamSen :india: (BOB member since 2006-08-31)

You can not view or modify universe in webintelligence as you do in designer. However you can see class/object structure of Universe in Webintelligence when you try to create thin client report either using HTML or Java report panel. Webintelligence is not meant for Universe designing.

stiwari :india: (BOB member since 2005-08-23)

Gowtham welcome to BOB.
Designer is the module which is used to create or modify the universes and there is no where else where you can do this.
Universes can be accessed through webI to create new reports or edit existing reports.

bobjkb :india: (BOB member since 2004-03-19)

Hi,
Thank you verymuch.

I think, I didn’t ask the question clearly. Sorry for that.

Yesterday itself I installed BO. There is already an existing univers ‘efashion’ is there. How to generate the reports using that universe?

I opened Infoview. I opened Administrtion launch panel. I could not able to create reports.

And is the Infoview browser is itself webintelligence? Or is there any other way to open Web intelligence.

Thanks and regards
Gowtham sen.

BO facilitates two kinds of reports
Full client reports – You can create using Business Objects reporter
Thin client reports – You can create using WebIntelligence

For more information see following online guides – Infoview.pdf & WebIntelligence.pdf

stiwari :india: (BOB member since 2005-08-23)

Hi Gowtham

Do read the pdf files that come with the installation so that you know what is what in the software adn then you can post in the forum once you face a problem.

B…

bobjkb :india: (BOB member since 2004-03-19)

Universes can be local to your machine, or available through the repository, if someone has given it a secured connection and exported it to the repository. You can read about this in “Mysteries of the Universe”.

Your problem is that the efashion universe is the former, a local universe, on an Access database, on your machine. It’s not on your WebI machine.

Perhaps you could copy the efashion Access database to the WebI server, configure the ODBC connection to it to match the one used by the universe, and copy the universe over the to the WebI server as well.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Yes, you are right. The efashion universe in my local machine. And the connection is also not secured.

I created a secured connection and I am able to eported the efashion. Yes its working now.

Thanks a lot. The way of explanation, you have given is very good.

Thnaks and regards
Gowtham Sen.